Last week our Assistant Brewer George told us that he will be leaving Pig and Porter to relocate to the bright lights of London. It was sad news for us because George is a really nice guy and had become an excellent brewer in his 18 months with us.
He learned quickly and was soon comfortable with leading brews and he consistently identified improvements in processes that made us more efficient. George has a real passion for beer and food as well as the desire to experiment with flavours and he has been a key member of our small friendly team.
We’re sure he’ll make a great addition to the team at Them That Can and while we’re very sorry to see him go we’re very grateful for all his hard work and dedication.
Pig and Porter is growing at a rate of knots and the role of Assistant Brewer is a critical one for us. We are currently in the process of appointing two people for delivery / brewery assistant positions to ease the burden on production as we will be producing more and more beer over the coming months. It is likely that we will move to bigger premises within 12 -18 months.
We therefore now welcome applications for the position of Assistant Brewer.
Pig and Porter is a brewery currently based in Tunbridge Wells with a burgeoning reputation for excellent beer. We have big plans backed by solid sales and P/L figures. We are looking for an assistant brewer to join us at our Tunbridge Wells base but who will be able to move with us in the following 12-18 months. Reporting to our head brewer, Sean Ayling, and working with the rest of our growing team key duties will include:
· Wort Production
· Assisting with and developing brewing processes
· Contributing to the development of new beers
· Cleaning Vessels & Brewhouse
· Cask Washing
· Ensuring paperwork is kept up to date
· Gravity readings/cellar checks
· Packaging of beer into casks, kegs and cans as required.
· Ideally, a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a brewery.
· Responsible, dedicated, comfortable in a small hard working team.
· Physically fit and able to lift 25kg sacks of malt.
· Motivated, with an eye for detail.
· Residing within a reasonable commute of the brewery, or prepared to relocate.
· Must have a passion for making excellent beer.
Hours and Days
· Pig and Porter is a 365 day a year business and hours are spread over a seven day week. Most of the work takes place during the week but some weekend and evening work will be inevitable. Weekend work will be on a rota basis with other members of staff.
Salary and Benefits
· According to Experience
· 28 days holiday.